Another silent key

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Mon Aug 24 21:31:52 EDT 2015

I learned of his passing this afternoon, but knew it was coming for a
long time.

I've known bill since the mid 70's, mostly via amature radio, but I've
heard of him since I was in third grade when some folks with whom I
rode the daily school bus used to complain about him always getting
into trouble with the nuns at the Catholic blind school he attended
for playing with their phones! I never gave him much thought until the
70's when we met on a repeater in his home area quite by happenstance.
We were good friends, although sometimes for years out of touch, ever
since. He tried as best he could to elmer me into the world of
accessible Linux, but I never got into it the way he did, and still
haven't. I last spoke with him from his hospital bed and gave him some
good news, that a server build project he helped me start had finally
been finished successfully and turned over to the client owner, so
when he finally went to his rest, at least that was one thing less he
needed to worry about. That was Bill--always spending time trying to
get others' stuff working. He was a real good egg and is already being
missed.