Another silent key

Jim Kutsch, KY2D Jim.Kutsch at ky2d.com
Mon Aug 24 17:00:17 EDT 2015

I was honored to know Bill in four areas: ham radio, Linux, Asterisk, and through The Seeing Eye. Also we shared a common bond as long time Bell System guys. Even though I was quite comfortable with Unix from my time at Bell Labs, I had been away from it for 15 years. Bill was the one who brought me "back" in 2005 when I needed to get up to speed with Linux to build an Asterisk system for work. We had many, many long evening calls. I'll never forget his voice mail, "I check my messages often, so please leave one." And, indeed he did. Return calls came in minutes.

Bill, you will be deeply missed.

73, Jim