using xvfb instead of a gui display

Kirk Reiser kirk at reisers.ca
Thu Apr 16 14:55:08 EDT 2015

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015, Hart Larry wrote:

> to get used to Orca. But also, there is a "wb" project, which I would love to
> install, however, another LUG member was not happy that you need to install
> as
> root. Also he says it doesn't use auto tools, so exactly what are easy steps
> of
> installing "wb"? Thanks in advance
> Hart

Although you do need to install some of the base packages such as with
xvfb and iceweasel for clifox or dependancy packages for python with
pip or easyinstall, you don't need to be root to run either wb or
clifox. In that fashion they are exactly the same as all other
packages. For one that is savvy wb can be totally installed and run as
a regular user but you need to install all the packages and compile as
a normal user.

At this stage they are not really at the point where one can just
install with aptitude or apt-get and go. In fact, unless more
developers get interested and involved they'll never be at that level.

   Kirk

--
Well that's it then, colour me gone!