using xvfb instead of a gui display

Doug Smith savant-technopath at cyber-wizard.com
Thu Apr 16 13:44:56 EDT 2015

I have a couple of questions about this.  I saw a thread on here about a
fake X environment and someone suggested xvfb.  Is it possible to set
that thing up such that a graphical program can be run and interacted
with in xvfb?  The speech has to work as well. Is it possible to set it
up so that, for example, we can run firefox in xvfb and, with no
additional programs or scripting, interact with the browser?

I heard that there have been attempts to do this, but it has been
limited.  I want a general purpose solution that will use xvfb to run
any graphical program and then interact with the program in the proper
manner by using only the keyboard.  Is xvfb a way to do this directly?

Thanks.

--
Doug Smith: Special Agent
S.W.A.T  Spiritual Warfare and Advanced Technology