Pulse Audio

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Mar 10 10:53:24 EDT 2014

Hi,

Robert Spangler writes:
> I even tried Janina's suggestion of disabling Pulseaudio (using her
> steps) and that just resulted in Orca not speaking.

I may have underspecified what I do. While I certainly don't want to put
anyone on a wild goose chase, there's clearly something going right for me,
because I'm able to get my approach working computer after computer,
most recently in a VMware virtual machine on a Macintosh host.

So, what didn't I tell you? The only thing I can think is my old tweaks
to /etc/asound.conf. I just checked, and find that I did indeed copy
these into the Mac vm.

Do attachments work on this list? I'll attach my asound.conf. But, in
case they don't, I'm putting it at:

http://SpeakupModified.org/asound.conf

hth

Janina