CentOS?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sun Mar 9 18:43:19 EDT 2014

Kyle <kyle4jesus at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, all this seems to be available
> from Fedora 20, which although it starts graphical, is accessible using
> Orca, and you should be able to get Speakup working once it's installed.

If it's your machine at home, I'd recommend Fedora over CentOS. The latter is
based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, so it's similar but, being an "enterprise"
distribution, comprises an older and more thoroughly tested set of packages.
The negative side is that CentOS won't give you the latest advances in
accessibility, whereas Fedora is updated every six months approximately.

Interestingly, the key people behind CentOS reportedly joined Red Hat this
year.