debian crashes linux

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Feb 3 21:22:33 EST 2014

In order to have bash run and use readline, one of the ways this can be
done is with a ~/.inputrc file.  When I installed debian-Jessie/Sid using
the speakup install, no .inputrc file was created anywhere on the system.
I verified this using locate before writing this message.
What contents in an ~/.inputrc file would be useful to speakup for its
operations?  If all this problem turns out to be is the fact readline with
its edit property isn't running by default this may solve that problem.

jude <jdashiel at shellworld.net>