speakup, audio solutions

Doug Smith savant-technopath at cyber-wizard.com
Sat Nov 30 21:19:59 EST 2013

I really have quit a bit to say here.  I have also terminated pulse with extreme prejudice on this system.  I have also terminated the entire
graphical user interface with the same finality.  I am using debian testing without the desktop on it.

The way it works is that, when you use the text-based installer to install the system, it uses alsa for the sound.  I have speakup system wide and I
have a fully functioning sound system on here that performs perfectly.  I can use multiple audio sources, and I have nothing to worry about because I
do not have to, if I do not want to, switch between consoles.  Where it works well, I just use screen and there is no problem for me to play my
descriptive movie, program and whatever else all at once.

Hope this helps.

--
Doug Smith: Special Agent
S.W.A.T  Spiritual Warfare and Advanced Technology