speakup with serial synths: what's the latest?

Trevor Astrope astrope at tabbweb.com
Thu Nov 28 10:45:12 EST 2013

I'm not sure what the last working kernel is, but you can modify
serialio.c in the speakup source and comment out the return NULL line in
the request_region block to get serial synths working in newer kernels. At
least, this is what I had to do for the speakup_acntsa driver.

But if you rmmod the speakup driver, it will cause a kernel oops and you
will need to power cycle the machine.