speech overlaps when using alsa

Cleverson Casarin Uliana clcaul at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 19:52:44 EST 2013

Dear, I'm unable to reach the Orca mailing list, so sending it here in
the hope someone can help:

When using speakup with Voxin and TTSynth, as well as Orca with
speech-dispatcher, both through alsa, it delays stopping a speech and
overlaps with the next speech. For example, once I press down arrow to
go to the next line before speakup finish speaking the current line, it
starts speaking the next line before stopping the current speech, mixing
up the two speeches.

I would apreciate hints on how to better configure alsa, since I'd like
not tu use pulseaudio due to other unrelated reasons.

Thank you,
Cleverson