speakup & orca in debian 7

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Sat Nov 2 17:29:26 EDT 2013

Ok, the way this should go is something like this:

apt-build source espeak
cd /var/cache/apt-build/build/espeak-1.46.02
edit src/Makefile
apt-build install espeak

If that still doesn't work, and that's how you did it, then my guess
is that debian/rules should be edited instead of the Makefile, but I'm
not sure exactly how. Likely doing it like I described above, and
editing the Makefile should work. Good luck, and let us know what
happens.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn..net