SpeakUp and the Raspberry Pi...more

Mike Ray mike at raspberryvi.org
Wed May 29 17:32:54 EDT 2013

It has analogue audio out from a 3.5mm jack socket or digital audio from
the HDMI connector. I don't know whether HDMI provides for a low-level
input suitable for a microphone. Probably not.

I'm trying SpeakUp using speechd-up and speech-dispatcher tonight to see
if that works any better. If not, the only way to avoid the vchiq (video
core hardware interface queue) which causes the crash is to use USB audio.

Of course it could be that something SpeakUp is doing is causing the
null pointer dereference in the kernel.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/