SpeakUp and the Raspberry Pi...more

Mike Ray mike at raspberryvi.org
Wed May 29 09:38:17 EDT 2013

Martin,

If you have SpeakUp running it is likely to be about 2 minutes before
your Pi crashes, as I have said, so whether you can record at the same
time, which you can, is not really helpful.

Mike

On 29/05/2013 14:15, Martin G. McCormick wrote:
> 	If you have speakup running, is it possible to play
> other sounds via the same audio output?
>
> 	Is full-duplex recording possible where the sound card
> output is speakup but one is recording audio from some outside
> source?
>
> 	Most P.C. sound cards support mic and line inputs and
> one can access /dev/dsp for recording at the same time that
> speakup is talking.
>
> 	I have run across a few sound cards with analog loopback
> settings in amixer. I have been able to enable that feature and
> capture speakup's audio in the recording which is useful if you
> are scanning radio frequencies and want to know which
> frequencies are active while one is away.
>
> 	If you can get the receiver to output its frequency when
> the squelch opens, you will hear the readout mixed in with the
> audio. It is definitely not something you want to do all the
> time, but it comes in handy on occasion.
>
> Mike Ray writes:
>> I'm a ham too, G4XBF.

Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer
Witley, Surrey, South-east UK

Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/