espeak_data

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Wed May 15 15:08:21 EDT 2013

It's been a while since I used locate, and it should update itself
regularly, but I think if you had just installed eSpeak, you may need to
manually run
sudo updatedb
to be sure that locate's database is up-to-date. I find that a command like
find / -name espeak-data
works better, because it doesn't have to be updated regularly, and just
looks for what you're trying to find as you try to find it. Running it
as a user does cause some errors as it looks in places where regular
users have no execute permission on the directories, so you may want to
redirect standard error. You can run the command as sudo also, but I
would think it's more secure to just redirect standard error to
/dev/null, e.g.
find / -name espeak-data 2>/dev/null
Hope this helps.
~Kyle