Slack 13.37 and 14.0

Mitchell D. Lynn mlynn at kc.rr.com
Mon May 13 13:06:13 EDT 2013

Hi Folks,
New to this list and hoping you all can help with this problem.  I am having
issues with the last two versions of Slackware and getting Speakup at
install time. I have used Slackware back to version 7.0 with no issues.

For some reason, I can't get Speakup to load on either of these releases.
Using DEC Talk Express. Tried speakup.s, huge.s and hugesmp.s since the
latter two appear to have Speakup as well.

I desperately need to get to a version that supports 3TB hard drives.
Considered switching to Debian, but ran into a Speakup issue there too.
Seems to be stuck at a default rate, and it won't let me change it for
session or otherwise.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

ML