the direction of speakup

Mike Ray mike at raspberryvi.org
Fri May 10 09:15:40 EDT 2013

Kyle,

The audio 'pops' or distortion from the analogue audio via the 3.5mm
jack has been fixed in the firmware now.

But you could be right that it is the sound driver causing the error.

I get this line in the output when I get a kernel oops:

[  749.223007] Modules linked in: speakup_soft(C) speakup(C) snd_bcm2835
snd_pcm snd_seq snd_timer snd_seq_device snd snd_page_alloc evdev joydev
leds_gpio led_class

I don't fully understand all that is produced after the oops yet but the
sound driver is named in that line.

If it is the sound driver then I am stuffed.  But a lot of people are
using multi-media distros on the Pi.  Maybe if I swapped over to using
HDMI audio the problem would disappear.  But I don't have any means of
connecting HDMI audio without a monitor or TV and that's useless to me.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/