Voxin was: Re: Switching to Linux

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Fri May 10 08:39:52 EDT 2013

Doesn't OpenMary have a Java dependency? That isn't a problem for me,
because I've already satisfied that dependency because I have
LibreOffice installed. It may cause some issues for some people running
it on slower machines though. I did get to hear an OpenMary demo, as
they have one on the website, and it indeed sounds very good. I believe
it uses HMM voices, which generally give good quality of speech. I
couldn't play with it on my own machine though, because Orca doesn't
like the Java-based installer. That said, I think something like C++
code is being developed if I recall correctly, so the Java dependency
may eventually not be as necessary.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--