the direction of speakup

Mike Ray mike at raspberryvi.org
Fri May 10 08:37:02 EDT 2013

Kyle,

It was totally unstable on Raspberry Pi.  I tried rebuilding it and
speech-dispatcher.  I tried it with espeak and festival and it was only
able to run for a few minutes before crashing.

Now I have the UART cable I can debug it as well.  Maybe it's the same
thing that's crashing SpeakUp, in which case it's probably something
about the architecture or the Broadcom sound driver.

yasr also hasn't seen any work for about 5 years.  I did speak to the
developer and he wants to pass it on to someone else.  So if I can get
my head round why it doesn't work on Raspberry Pi maybe I will have a go.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/