Switching to Linux

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Thu May 9 14:46:39 EDT 2013

Wow! It takes 30 seconds to start Firefox? There's definitely a problem
there somewhere. I do have a really fast processor, but even when I had
a dual-core 1.4GHz processor, I got firefox running in less than 10
seconds. I didn't really time it, but it wasn't anywhere near 30
seconds. Maybe that's because GNOME itself was much older then or
something. I can't comment now, as it only takes about 2 seconds for
Firefox to come up here now, but I have a 3.1Ghz 8-core processor. Any
comment I make about that would certainly be an apples to oranges
comparison.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--