Source

Mike Ray mike at raspberryvi.org
Wed May 8 13:54:58 EDT 2013

Hello Kirk,

First of all thanks for a great screen-reader.  Dependable when
everything else turns to dust.

And thanks for clearing up the status of things as they are currently.

Until I came to the Raspberry Pi I had no reason to touch kernel
development or debugging at all but as Linus said in an interview with
the BBC; 'the Raspberry Pi makes falure affordable'.  It certainly makes
it possible for me to brick enough installations to build a house.

But I can't get SpeakUp to run with any stability.  I suspect that's
because of something fundamental about the platform.  But I'm pretty
determined to get it going and bring accessibility to the Linux cli on
the Pi.

If I can help in any way with updating the web site I'd be happy to do
what I can.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/