Source

Mike Ray mike at raspberryvi.org
Wed May 8 12:47:25 EDT 2013

Hello list,

I have been trying to get SpeakUp running and stable in the Raspbian
(upstream Debian) and Arch Linux distros on the Raspberry Pi.

Initially I tried with the source from the SpeakUp web site and then
discovered (ooops) that there is source present in:

linux/drivers/staging/speakup

And the source differs between the stable 3.6.11 source taken from the
kernel repository on kernel.org and that in the 3.6.y source taken from
the RPI foundation site.

Neither of these solutions is stable.  I get functionality, via espeakup
but SpeakUp regularly crashes the kernel.

I'm waiting on a console cable so I can connect another machine to the
kdb console on the Pi and read kernel oops or panic, and debug stuff
from the kernel.

My question on here now is...am I missing something about the source of
the source (if you see what I mean)?

The source from the SpeakUp repo is marked as 3.1.6 (I think) and not
sure about what is in the kernel source.  The kernel source has patches
applied for the changes to kernel serial IO made a few versions ago.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/