Speakup Issues

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sat Mar 30 08:12:55 EDT 2013

I would say "Ditch the old ISA support." Sorry Greg:).  I say this for
the old simple reason that ISA buses aren't even made anymore AFAIK.
I realize there may still be some older legacy hardware out there but
after some point, it really isn't practical to support it anymore.
People have made similar remarks about serial ports in general but I
have a feeling that serial ports are living a longer life than ISA
buses and if this support is keeping Speakup out of the Kernel
spotlight then we should dump it.

Greg, I have a USB Tripple Talk USB here and would love to be able to
use it with Speakup and I think it would be quite responsive provided
the USB synth support is good and tight.