Suitable mobile device for Linux

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Mar 22 01:57:42 EDT 2013

Kirk Reiser  <speakup at linux-speakup.org> wrote:

>It is theoretically possible to compile and run speakup on any of the
>Android phones.  The problem is how to handle the imput.  Without
>being able to have reliable input, there's no way I can think of using
>the screen review facilities of speakup.

A bluetooth keyboard would solve the input problem, but at the cost of
carrying an extra device, as would a braille display with braille input (but
this isn't the BRLTTY list so I won't pursue that possibility here, other than
to note that I'm tempted to buy such a display for just this purpose).

Apparently, some Linux distributions can be installed alongside Android on
certain devices, but I'm not familiar with the details.