Suitable mobile device for Linux

Cleverson Casarin Uliana clcaul at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 08:58:01 EDT 2013

Dear,

Does anyone know any smartphone or a device with a similar size on
which it's possible to install Linux, or other desktop operating
system, and use it with a screen reader? Some weeks ago, I have read
that some guys had successfully ran Debian on a Sansung Galaxy Note
II. Would it be possible to use some assistive technology like Speakup
on it?

Actually, I'm thinking of getting a new smartphone, probably with
Android, but it would be cool if I could have a relatively small
device to carry with me, whether a phone or not, on which I could
accessibly use the same operating system I use regularly on my
desktop, and ocasionally install and experiment with other stuff on
it. Is there such a device on the market?

Many thanks,
Cleverson