speakup goes oops/bye-bye on wheezy

acollins at icsmail.net acollins at icsmail.net
Sat Jun 29 02:18:49 EDT 2013

So how are you guys getting Speakup in wheezy to co exist with pulse
audio?  I was experimenting with the live cd, and was starting it by hand,
and it still was crashing, even though I wasn't using the quiet
parameter.  I had to disable pulse audio in order to get speakup to stay
up, which ment my gnome session was in accessible.

So I'm still using squeeze.  Speaking of squeeze, anyone here know how
to get gdm3 to come up talking under squeeze?  Thanks.

Gene