fedora and speakup

Albert Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Wed Jun 26 17:21:51 EDT 2013

I've noticed irregular but frequent delays in speech output after pressing
keys using Speakup.  It can be a reading key or an arrow key.  I've seen the
delay to be a second, maybe longer.  I don't recall whether this happened
with Fedora 17, but I've seen it during most if not all of my time using
Fedora 18.  I've figured it probably pertains to some interaction between
Speakup and Pulseaudio, but really don't know.  I haven't seen a similar
thing with Orca.

Al