OT - Enabling relaying after authentication in Sendmail?

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Fri Jun 21 17:09:35 EDT 2013

Setting up a smarthost doesn't require ssl as far as I know. I would
highly recommend using ssl here though, so your users don't send credentials
in the clear.

I think anyone who has dealt with ssl will tell you that it's tough to
wrap your head around it. I personally figured out what I needed to
know as I went along, usually by googling what I wanted to know. I
never used sendmail, so can't help with that.

Greg

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 10:32:30AM -0400, Jayson Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have never quite figured out how to enable authentication in
> Sendmail, where an authenticated client can relay mail through it.
> Does this require SSL or something similar? I've never quite gotten
> the hang of SSL certificates, etc. either. Any help would be grately
> appreciated.
> Thanks.
> Jayson

web site: http://www.gregn..net