Now I can't Keep Pulseaudio From Taking over Everything!

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Jun 5 17:51:27 EDT 2013

Yea but, what if you want to use Gnome/Orca? Doesn't gnome require
pulse these days? I got speech dispatcher to run using ALSA
exclusively now and things seem to work ok on my laptop but my desktop
is completely broken now when it comes to using Orca now. I can't seem
to tell what may be different on one machine than the other but I have
speech dispatcher configured identically on both systems. I also had
the same basic problem when I try to run Orca from git master and
compile myself.

But this is the speakup list and not Orca and I'm glad that speakup is
still solid as ever.