twidge Bad Response 410 ?

pj at pjb.com.au pj at pjb.com.au
Wed Jul 10 20:00:57 EDT 2013

Greetings.  On 29 June I wrote:
> I'm using the twidge package on debian wheezy,
> and for a couple of weeks now everything has been failing:
>   prompt> twidge lsrecent -asu
>   twidge: user error (Bad response: 410)
> Not very helpful.  But I can still use twitter
> through iceweasel or chromium, so the account is still there.
> I waited a bit, assuming twitter had changed the A P I
> and there would soon be a twidge update, but nothing yet.

It was indeed an A P I change:
  https://github.com/jgoerzen/twidge/issues/49
Wheezy has twidge version 1.0.6, and the fix is in 1.1, so I did
  git clone https://github.com/jgoerzen/twidge.git
and then had to
  aptitude install ghc
which is already 204 Mb, and there are still 13 dependencies missing.

So I've tried ttytter:
  http://www.floodgap.com/software/ttytter/dist2/2.1.00.txt
but so far when trying to authorise it, I'm just getting

  unable to fetch token. here are some possible reasons:
   - root certificates are not updated (see documentation)
   - you entered your authentication information wrong
   - your computer's clock is not set correctly
   - Twitter farted

This should be curable, but it's not cured yet.

Are there other good command-line twitter clients ?

Regards,  Peter Billam

http://www.pjb.com.au      pj at pjb.com.au     (03) 6278 9410
"Follow the charge, not the particle."  --  Richard Feynman
 from The Theory of Positrons, Physical Review, 1949