latex:accessible math

Scott D. Henning shenning at durango.net
Tue Jan 22 21:06:06 EST 2013

Hello Ty,

I will tell you what I know of the  subject and hope that it helps you.

I always found LaTex mentioned when blind people needed to deal with
math and started looking into it some time ago. Here is what I found.

It was developed to typeset  Mathematics for publication. These would be
science and math articles. The typeset output is NOT accessible. I was
not sure if you knew that from your post. The LaTex is accessible
because it uses human readable syntax to produce the output. The output
could be turned in to the teacher, you work in the LaTex. I would think
that a sighted helper to make sure output is correct would be useful. I
even wonder if the teacher could simply read the LaTex directly.

As for your use of "Rubber" I think you said, I don't know that one.
Tell me more...I can do some research on the subject.

I will be happy to help you, contact me off list
shenning at durango.net

Scott

--
Scott D. Henning