Mailbox management

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Mon Jan 14 20:16:26 EST 2013

Hi,

Actually, processing incoming mail isn't what I'm wanting to do. I admin a
server which accepts submissions for an online magazine. Submissions come to
a submissions address. The submissions mailbox archives all mail received,
and then they're also forwarded to another mailbox for POP3 retrieval as
well as being sent to another Email account outside the server. At the end
of each submission period, I gzip or bzip2 the submissions mailbox and
archive it so I can start fresh. Without fail, *after* I've done this,
someone will resubmit a revision/correction/etc. which really belongs in the
older mailbox, but it's in the new mailbox now. This is just one thing I
want to be able to do.
Hope that clarifies things.
Jayson