speakup and e-links, follow-up

Al Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Sat Feb 9 17:51:08 EST 2013

Hi, Kirk and others.

Not finding block-cursor on the elinks man page, I did a yahoo search
(having first done a google search) and found this at
<http://elinks.or.cz/documentation/html/manual.html-chunked/ch08.html>

Block cursor

Move cursor to the bottom right corner when done drawing, if possible.
This is particularly useful when we have a block cursor, so that text
colors are displayed correctly. If you are using a screen reader you do
not want to enable this since the cursor is strategically positioned
near relevant text of selected dialog elements.

This boolean option is off by default.

This, then, does not look like a replacement for the --show_cursor or
--show-cursor (I forget which) I used with lynx and you've used in
elinks.  I thought I'd pass this along, especially in case I got tripped
up by the terminology and there is indeed something relevant.

Al