Last Line is Jumbled?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Feb 7 02:54:07 EST 2013

This is just a random guess, but it sounds like a curses problem.  Does it
do this on all consoles or just the current one?  In other words, if you
have a console which is jumbled, does the problem go away if you switch to a
different console?  Also, what if you press ^L to redraw the screen?  There
is a command included with curses just for this problem.  Next time, try the
following:

reset

If that doesn't seem to help, try this:

clear
reset
clear

The first "clear" command is probably unnecessary, but it will clear your
screen.  Obviously you need to run this from a shell.  I find that ^L
usually works just as well and is quicker.