Last Line is Jumbled?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Wed Feb 6 13:30:30 EST 2013

Sure I could have written to the Blinux list, but I suppose something in
speakup may be causing this?
Here's exactly what happened.
Last evening we were experimenting with different players, running
videos-and-arrowing.  I wish I hadn't have run the regular version of vlc, as
when playing a video, vlc seemed to take over my display, but I was not able to
quit, so I had to killall.  I saw errors that it couldn't connect to pulse
audio server.  I really didn't want anything to do with pulse, as mplayer meets
my needs.
OK since then among my 96line screen, on each of 23 consoles, contents of line
95 are mixed with items on 96.  I ran a reset  which only helps until new
contents appear on that console.
I also tried reloading the DecTalk.
I know I've seen this before, but finally just restarted, but now I am up 136
days-and-also running uudeview decoding many mp3s from trn.
Can any1 please provide a permanent solution to straighten out these bottom
lines.  And yes I fooled around with turning on-and-off cursor-and-highlight
tracking.  Thanks so much in advance
Hart