creating a speakup cli cd

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed Feb 6 03:06:27 EST 2013

I had to give up on GRML.  First, it installs a ton of extra packages that
are unnecessary, but that's a different issue.  The two recent releases I've
tried did not come up talking and I couldn't get Speakup to start by hand.
I ended up throwing away two different CDs because I couldn't get them to
work.  I'm sorry, but I can no longer recommend it.  You can do pretty much
the same thing with the Debian Squeeze live CD if you have hardware speech.
  If you have software speech, it only takes one command to install espeakup
by hand.  As mentioned in my previous mail, it looks very easy to create a
custom live CD with the Speakup packages already included which would come
up talking.  It already includes a number of rescue tools and it's easy to
add more.