Tell Webaim you still use Speakup!

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Dec 23 16:38:03 EST 2013

Landmarks are a concept defined in ARIA, and independently supported by
HTML 5. They will prove really useful when support catches up. For
instance, consider a page with three chunks of content denoted by
landmarks: Nav Bar; Main page content; Footer. A capable browser might
allow you to autohide the Nav bar and the footer, thus reducing the
clutter of what you would need to read through.

I suspect Webaim are a bit premature to base much on Landmarks just yet,
though.

Janina