Screen help

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Apr 1 07:31:02 EDT 2013

Yes, but this assumes that I'm at the local console.  I almost never am.
When I am, I only have to use the Alt-right arrow to get to another VT.
That doesn't work with ssh which is usually how I connect.  I use ssh over
the LAN.  I just want one press of ^d to log me out instead of two.  As it
is now, if I su to root,I have to press ^d four times.  The first exits my
root shell, the second exits Screen, the third logs me out and the fourth
closes my Cygwin bash shell.  There must be a quicker and easier way.