Johns Patches?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Sep 22 20:42:47 EDT 2012

O Adam, you are quite right.  A gentlman from Axsol Solutions wanted me to send
him a log file of what commands speakup was sending the unit--and stop the log
when the volume, ETC, changes.  However, he is not familliar with Linux.  At
our LUG, some1 suggested a program such as interceptty, but others, actually
some1 else on this list, say it won't work.
Funny thing about that "command error in command" that comes just after a
correct volume, saying, "euro"  then volume drops while booting.
Also, depending on what other hardware experiments are going on, there is at
least a 4second delay after each key press.  Only way in solving this was to
unload-and-reload like this
Here are several lines from my .alias file, I usually type rd
#alias reload-dectalk modprobe -r speakup_dectlk: modprobe dectlk
#  alias smpdectlk='/usr/bin/sudo  /sbin/modprobe  '
#             smpdectlk =  Sudo  ModProbe   4 dectlk
#  alias reload-dectalk 'smpdectlk -r speakup_dectlk; smpdectlk speakup_dectlk
'
alias reload-dectalk '/usr/bin/sudo  /sbin/modprobe   -r speakup_dectlk;
/usr/bin/sudo  /sbin/modprobe   speakup_dectlk '
alias rd '/usr/bin/sudo ~chime/.tools/bin/restart-dectalk'
Back again live:  Lately I cannot get a rase in pitch for individual capitals.
Adam, whenever pitch, rate, and volume drop, I must go to the speakup keyboard
and move each setting up-and-down until its the way it was
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Hart