Johns Patches?

Adam Myrow myrowa at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 22 20:22:29 EDT 2012

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012, Hart Larry wrote:

> Thanks Yvind, but I still want to use the DecTalk U S B--and-John  with Math
> in an address wrote a patch so this would work.

What?  You mean he made it work in USB mode?  It has always worked (sort
of) in RS232 mode.  I say "sort of," because the Dectalk USB isn't 100%
backwards compatible with the Dectalk Express.  So, you get a few "command
error in command" messages at startup, and the pitch and speed randomly
get changed.  This has been going on for years.