speakup todo?

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 07:05:47 EDT 2012

I would definitely be interested in a Speakup-style screen reader in
userspace. YASR, unless it has changed recently, runs a subshell for its
functionality, so unfortunately, there is no access to all virtual
consoles or the login prompt. It may, however, be worth looking at SBL
as a base for comparison, as it doesn't appear to run a subshell. I am,
however, at least in my Knoppix Adriane virtual machine, noticing that
the keymap doesn't appear to work in the non-Adriane console, although
characters typed into that console do speak, and I would guess that new
text that appears in this console would also be spoken.
~Kyle