Cannot get espeakup to start during boot in ArchLinux

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 01:51:43 EDT 2012

There is not yet a systemd unit for espeakup by default. I just sent one
to the Arch devs that has been pushed to the community-testing repo. It
should be live shortly. For now, I'll attach my copy, which works, and
was only edited slightly for inclusion into the Arch package. Save the
attached file as
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/espeakup.service
~Kyle