Cannot get espeakup to start during boot in ArchLinux

Cleverson Casarin Uliana clcaul at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 22:51:52 EDT 2012

Hello dear, in case someone has already migrated to systemd in Arch, I'd
like to know the correct procedure to make espeakup start at boot. There
appears not to be any espeakup systemd service, at least not inside
/usr/lib/systemd/system. At the same time, putting DAEMONS=(alsa
espeakup) inside /etc/rc.conf doesn't work, I have to start espeakup
manually by logging with no sound and then typing espeakup. I have
checked under /etc/rc.d, and the espeakup script is really there, but it
doesn't seem to start, as I said.

Thank you,
Cleverson