what is the best text to speech voice software that works with Linux and linux based applications please?

Hank & Patty hank1patty at eastlink.ca
Thu Oct 18 14:07:51 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to find the best text to speech voice software that will enable
me as a totally blind computer user to be able to use the linux operating
system platform and use different linux based applications with the linux
operating system. Of the following 3 text to speech voice softwares I just a
day or 2 ago found out about that I guess work pretty good with the linux
platform to use different linux based applications those being Emacspeak,
speakup and orca, can someone maybe please let me know which one of these 3
text to speech programs they feel works best for a totally blind person to
be able to use the linux operating system to use different linux based
applications? Any help with this would be so very much appreciated. Much
thanks in advance for any help on this.

All the best,

Hank