Ubuntu server

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sun Mar 4 16:02:36 EST 2012

Actually you don't need speakup to do the install unless you are doing
complex raid/lvm at install time.
I use www.instalinux.com to make a preceed image, load it onto hard disk
1 and get the image so you can ssh to it then I do the raid/lvm setup
from there.
that probably won't work for most people.
Other alternatives are if you have a null-modem and serial port boot the
box, hit enter, escape enter, then key in
expert console=ttyS0,9600

If this is virtual hardware you can pull this trick with com0com
http://com0com.sourceforge.net/

No speakup at install time although brltty works I hear. check the
accessibility wiki for ubuntu.
Regards, Kerry.