latex

Lawrence Baggett Lawrence.Baggett at Colorado.EDU
Fri Mar 2 12:23:25 EST 2012

I have used tex and latex for 25 years, and I think it is the best, if not
the only, way to handle complicated mathematics as a blind person.  Once
you learn the code, you can prepare mathematical notation to be printed
beautifully, and yu also can "read" other people's mathematics.

Chris is right about the latex2rtf program being helpful.  I had an
experience in which I was running latex2rtf on my file and shipping it off
to an editor.  She would work on it and run rtf2latex, and send it back to
me. You won't be surprised to learn that concatenating those two programs
did produce some trouble.  The mathematics didn't always come back in
proper latex code.

Larry