Buggy speakup on Ubuntu 12.04?

Chris Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Sat Jun 16 13:01:05 EDT 2012

"Bohdan R. Rau" <ethanak at polip.com> writes:

> static u_char goto_buf[8];

That is even better, thanks!

> I looked at code - it should work only if user will enter proper
> data... even with properly declared buffer user can enter more than
> expected number of characters...

This is what num and maxlen are supposed to guard against.  Try working
through the code with an input which is too long.
Say, 1234y for instance.
Once the 3 is read, we know we have invalid input.  The function will
send "goto canceled" to the synthesizer, and the operation will be
aborted.
If you can show me an input that would exceed the length of the buffer,
I'll give this function a closer look.

Thanks,
-- Chris