hardware or software synths

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Mon Jul 23 08:52:04 EDT 2012

I completely agree with Karen, speech is generally a quite individual item.
For some of us, just because it talks, doesn't mean its understandable, but
some like it as fast as it will go.
If you want something in software which will practicly sound like JAWS running
IBM TTS, last time I ran that here some years ago the volume would not increase
past a certain level.
I myself have a DecTalk USB, but there are certainly issues.  As far as e-speak
or festival, I  would just about say, they are not understandable.
Hope all of our suggestions will asist you in finding what works best.
Hart