Patch for get_word - please look

Bohdan R. Rau ethanak at polip.com
Sat Jul 14 02:35:16 EDT 2012

 On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 06:14:08 -0500, Chris Brannon wrote:
> How should get_word be rewritten?  Your patch
> does a lot of casting.  Could we eliminate all that with a get_u_char
> function, or similar?

 I think there is other problem: two functions (say_prev_word and
 say_next_word) uses simple and nice algorithm to find word boundary.
 Algorithm used in get_word is similar, but not the same. My patch
 corrects it only partially and it's still possible to loose some
 important information with navigation by word.

 In meantime I found similar problem in update_color_buffer function:
 when highlight tracking is on, speakup completely ignores characters
 with MSB set.

 I'll try to prepare complete patch for both get_word and
 update_color_buffer.

 ethanak
--
 http://milena.polip.com/ - Pa pa, Ivonko!