Speakup broken with kernel 3.4.x (ArchLinux users please read)

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Jul 8 13:19:53 EDT 2012

Interesting thing here is if you use the laptop keys on any machine, the thing won't crash.  I've had an updated Arch kernel on my laptop for several days now and had no idea there was anything wrong.  But then I came home to my old desktop and started using the numpad keys and it kept crashing and I had no idea why.  But I just tried doing a shifted caps lock on my laptop and it crashed there two.  This is a serious regression and hope it can be fixed soon.  Wonder how kernel devs broke this thing.

Thanks Chris for the suggested downgrade options; that can at least keep our heads above the water.