Raspberry PI Arrived

Austin Seraphin au at sunbeem.net
Sat Jul 7 16:36:27 EDT 2012

I found this article about getting Alsa to work with Arch Linux:
http://zerzer.x303.cc/2012/06/05/installing-alsa-on-raspberry-pi-and-archlinuxarm/
Hopefully that can help even though you use Debian. It basically came down to loading the snd-bcm2835 module with modprobe, then doing
alsactl init
Then espeak should work.

Austin Seraphin
au at sunbeem.net